As a student, your primary goal is to learn. With the introduction of the concept of working from home during the pandemic period, many brands have understood that half of their tasks can be done remotely with the help of the Internet. They no longer have to go to the office on a fixed schedule. You can work from anywhere, anytime. Imagine working while you study, gaining practical experience, and earning money. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? It’s quite an advantage because you can pursue a flexible job to fit your schedule. Not only do you earn some extra money, but jobs like this also serve as a springboard for your career and give you a taste of real corporate life. Including these experiences in your CV, you will gain more advantages compared to students who only have a college degree. A recruiter would prefer an experienced candidate over a fresher, regardless of grades. So, if you are still wondering, do not miss the unique opportunity to do an online job from home and get an edge over others.
When you decide to take an online job, you will have several questions. The biggest and most confusing question is, “What kind of job should I do?” Or “What job should I choose?” While the online world is full of opportunities, we have listed the best freelancing jobs that you can easily pursue regardless of your academic background.
Content Writer :
All you need is a flair for words, and it’s time for you to adopt the perfect profile. The first work profile involves writing blogs or articles. As a content writer, you can work as a freelance writer, an independent writer, or an employed writer for an agency or a specific brand.
- Freelance writers can work for multiple clients simultaneously if you are flexible with their schedules. Payment is generally based on word count.
- Independent blogging has its own benefits. With your blog site, you can write about anything you like and then monetize it through ads, affiliate marketing, sponsored blogs, pay-per-views, etc.
- When you become an in-house content writer, you are like a regular employee who only writes content for the company. This requires you to write a specific type of content that is tailored to your company.
Regardless of your preferred profile, you can work remotely as long as you communicate clearly with the other people involved. You do not need a special qualification to write content unless you choose a niche segment.
Online Tutor :
Remote teaching jobs top the list of the most convenient work-from-home jobs. For a student, working as a tutor offers many other benefits besides flexibility. The best advantage is the ability to brush up on your skills. With online tutoring, you can tutor someone across the world from the comfort of your room. You save on travel costs and time while promoting cross-cultural learning. Studies show that you can improve your knowledge when you tutor others. If you decide to work as an online tutor, you have several options:
- Teach younger students: you can choose to teach students who are younger than your academic level. In this case, you can easily teach multiple subjects.
- Classmates: Are you someone who is among the best in your class? Then why not teach your classmates who may need extra support in learning the subject? This way, not only will you earn some extra money, but you can also revise your curriculum and get the satisfaction of helping a friend.
- Teach your hobby: Gone are the days when you needed an entire facility to spread your love and knowledge about your passion. Now you can connect with people with similar interests around the world and teach them to get better.
Have you been toying with the idea of starting your earnings from online tutoring jobs for students? Then why wait any longer? Join the Scholars Club today as a scholar and earn while inspiring others.
If you are looking for a freelance job where you can explore a wealth of new topics, this is the profile for you. Your job would be to transcribe recorded dictation into a written form. This job requires attention to detail and will help you improve your listening and writing skills. Media houses, academic institutes, health care, and many others have a demand for transcription of their large data sets that come in various forms. Your duties will generally include the following:
- Writing/typing the content, which may be in image/audio format.
- Correcting grammar, punctuation marks, etc.
As a freelance transcriptionist, you will be paid per minute for the audio/video and not per minute of your time commitment. So, for this side income, fast typing speed is essential.
Social Media Manager :
Do you spend hours scrolling through social media? Then why not make money from it? Did you know that the number of active social media users exceeded 4.5 billion? No wonder why social media marketing is in such high demand. A social media manager’s job is to plan promotional activities to increase a brand’s popularity and communicate with potential customers. It is one of the most fun and exciting work-from-home jobs you can do while studying. As a freelance social media manager, your job description will include the following:
- Conduct market research and competitor analysis to understand market trends.
- Develop strategies and implement marketing activities to achieve brand business objectives.
- Design, create and publish engaging content regularly and monitor metrics.
- Respond to customers/followers promptly.
- Keep abreast of social media trends and implement features to develop promotions.
Graphic Designer :
Almost all brands are looking for graphic designers who can make their online presence appealing. As a graphic designer, you can design anything from traditional advertising materials like magazine covers and billboards to social media campaigns.
This side hustle requires Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel Draw Sketch, Figma, and other similar application knowledge. You do not have to be an expert in using these applications, but basic knowledge is all you need to get started. With an eye for creativity and a passion for learning, you can move up with ease.
Then, when you enter the real corporate world, you’ll have gained enough experience and built a diverse portfolio to showcase your talent.
These are a few top work-from-home job profiles you can take up. University days play an important role in building your career. You can give a kick-start to your corporate journey with virtual employment opportunities and learn to manage corporate expectations with ease. You also manage to score a good network and reputation with your work profile. More the experience you hold in a particular profile, the easier the chances of being recruited.
You are the next generation of the ever-evolving corporate world. With an early start, you learn to set priorities and make the right work-life integration. So, don’t wait for your exams to be over, or for your friend to be convinced. Choose a suitable work-from-home job, earn while you learn, and step into the corporate world BIG.
Start your Journey with
The Scholars Club
Accelerate your learning abilities with the help of certified instructors and the comfort of your choice.