Gone are the days when students used to fear tutors and synonymized them with torture. Kids have waved bye to the days of carrying heavy backpacks on scorching sunny noon or a freezing snowfall. All they must do now is flip open that laptop and get started with the classes.
Online tutoring has long been a hot topic in the education industry, but events like the pandemic, the school shutdowns, and the necessity to continue education have propelled it to the top of most educators’ and parents’ priority lists. Even professionals are now seeking access to high-quality online learning for upskilling opportunities, driving up demand for online tutoring platforms like never before.
We recently launched a new online tutoring platform- The Scholars Club, where the students may communicate directly with subject expert tutors to receive individualized guidance at a level and speed that best meets their learning requirements.
Online tuition or tutoring refers to the same and interchangeably used for a teaching style, typically one-on-one, that occurs in real time over the internet with a “real person” involved, despite what some technology platforms may claim. The only requirements for online tutoring are a laptop or smartphone to attend the online classes and an internet connection with sufficient bandwidth for both the student and teacher.
Benefits of Online Tutoring Services
While the whole internet is actively talking about online tutoring being cost-effective, more convenient, personalized, etc. Here we are to talk more about it, shedding light on an even brighter.
- Lessons can be taken from anywhere in the world and at more convenient or inconvenient times later at night. All you need is an internet connection and a gadget, like a computer or a tablet, which practically everyone has today. This expands the pool of possible students available to tutors throughout the day.
- To assist in clarifying concepts, using online whiteboards and screen sharing can be a very successful teaching and learning tool. These are well-known instances of how online technology can improve the learning environment.
- The elimination of both parties’ travel time. Travelling at rush hour may be a real nightmare! Transport expenses were also reduced. Last but not the least, it is more sustainable and environmentally beneficial, especially if you rely on cars.
- Geographical restrictions are gone; teachers and students can now connect from anywhere in the world. It is now possible to match students with tutors who are best suited to their needs without regard to where they live.
- With the help of an online tutor, students can develop their skills in the privacy of their own time with no interruption. They feel more in control because of this easily accessible learning approach, which also supports casual conversations about open-mindedness. Online tutoring services make one-on-one learning more convenient and provide students access to a specialist’s undivided attention.
- In many cases, online tutoring is less expensive than in-person tutoring. Online tutors offer high-quality instruction for less money than in-person instructors because they don’t require students to travel and must access numerous pupils. When choosing a package for one or more subjects, several online learning platforms provide kids’ online tutoring at sizable discounts.
It is no surprise that the future of education is digital, and online tutoring can be a tried-and-true, practical, and innovative way to teach students of various backgrounds and ages. To help you succeed, The Scholars Club- one of the leading online tutoring platforms, now has hundreds of tutors available. It only takes five minutes to connect with the right online tutor, whether it pertains to an hour-long online session or a full academic year of in-person instruction. The best tutor for you can then be found by us.
While all these talks about the advantage of online tutoring platforms for a student or a learner, what benefits does it ripe for the tutors?
Who is an online tutor?
An online instructor follows the same steps as a face-to-face tutor: session organizing, delivering, and giving parents a report.
The difference is that with the help of technology, many of the extra processes may be enhanced and automated, allowing the teaching component to receive the most time and not the preparation and reporting component.
Is the Online Teaching Job Right for You?
Many new learning platforms are emerging today as more and more students choose online courses, so they simply study anywhere. Additionally, there are new platforms for educators. With the development of online learning platforms, teachers are no longer restricted to teaching only in the classroom or without a formal degree.
Without any restrictions, you can instruct online and make money. It not only creates but also expands your options as a teacher, where formal education and timeliness are not restrictions. Many young professionals are looking for remote online teaching jobs as a side hustle.
Most online learning platforms offer various class times. You can select the period that works best for you. Whenever a class slot opens up, whether, in the evening or the wee hours of the morning, you can choose it. You can teach online and make money on different platforms. Your bank account will receive the money weekly, biweekly, or monthly.
The infrastructure and available space are both taken care of by the training centre. You only require a computer or laptop with a reliable Wi-Fi network. You can teach from anywhere as long as you have the proper equipment.
The best aspect is that you can instruct online while working from anywhere, including at home. The most secure alternative to a freelance career is to educate online and make money. You can be compensated for your efforts if you simply have the desire to teach.
Challenges faced by Online Teaching Jobs :
There are many online teaching platforms where you can make money and teach on your own time. However, there are still several difficulties for teachers who teach online. Self-discipline is necessary for online learning since without it, you cannot properly perform your daily activities.
Teachers may feel alone when there isn’t the chatter and commotion of other pupils in the classroom. As physically present as the class members are, you might not feel the same way. The experience of teaching in a classroom is distinct. Both students and teachers could feel unmotivated to instruct and learn. Not having a set, rigid timetable for yourself could present difficulties. Your class may suffer from technical difficulties.
You should be well-trained on the technological front as well.
Online Teaching Tools
The tools used in instruction have changed along with teaching. Both the classroom and its furnishings have virtually changed from the traditional structure. Here are a few adaptable online learning resources that will help you improve your lessons and streamline classroom procedures. Knowledge of these tools is essential if you want to teach online and make money.
Zoom is the greatest online learning tool that allows you to schedule meetings, webinars, and lectures with students. You can use Zoom’s whiteboard capabilities to explain diagrams to pupils. Installing it is free and simple.
- Breakout rooms
- Support from a large group of students
- Need app installation
- Less control over the other attendees
Google Classroom :
Online learning resources are available for free, and Google Classroom is simple to use. With Google Classroom, you can write text, document it, share it with students, and engage in entertaining quizzes.
- Easy to use
- Numerous features
- Need app installation
- Poor grading system
Google Meet :
Google Meet is a well-liked and beneficial online resource for instructors and tutors. You can use it with other Google websites like Classroom and Drive, the same as with Google Classroom.
- Easily share the screen with students
- Real-time captions
- Sign-up to Gmail
- A limited number of call hours
Become an Ace Tutor with The Scholars Club!
The Scholar Club is an online resource that offers opportunities for educators and others who want to use unorthodox teaching methods. You can register for free here. Math, Data Science, Operational Research, Engineering, Geology, Business, and others are some subjects. If you excel in any field, you may register as a subject expert and begin making a comfortable living wherever you are. Join us today to register yourself.
Start your Journey with
The Scholars Club
Accelerate your learning abilities with the help of certified instructors and the comfort of your choice.